Mansfield Public Library
~ Hours ~
|Priscilla Weston, Librarian
Katherine Fedorka, Assistant Librarian
Sen. Tobey Highway
Temple, NH 03084
Phone: (603) 878-3100
Fax: (603) 878-0654
Meetings - 2nd Tuesday of every other month (odd numbered) at 7:30pm - Mansfield Library
|Wendy Drouin 2008
||Maureen Petro 2009
||William Ellis 2010
|Karin Seppanen 2008
||Sydney Thomas 2009
||Anne Lunt 2010
|Elizabeth Humphrey 2009
Learn more about library services by clicking
Please do not block access to the library while parking for
We need wheelchair access at all times the library is open.
June, July & August 2007
|June 26|| -
|June 26|| -
Summer Reading Program begins
|Aug. 3|| -
Summer Reading Program ends
|Aug. 4|| -
Summer Reading Program Party
Download audio books - Free!
Mansfield Public Library has joined the
NH Audio book Consortium. This means that a large library of audio books is
available to you and your family at no cost. You can use your computer, our
computer or any computer! Listen at your computer, burn a CD, or download to
an mp3 player.
The website is http://nh.lib.overdrive.com.
Our library number is 4460 and your Mansfield Library card number
(for example: 44601000 is the library number plus a 1000 library card number).
Just follow the directions from there! We hope you enjoy this new convenience
brought to you by your library.
Flip for Tumblebooks!
Tumblebooks is an interactive site with
animated, interactive children's books, games, ecards etc.! Your child
will enjoy exploring this site with you!
To access Tumblebooks:
Please note: You need a flashplayer for this site. Tumblebooks recognizes
most flash players. If you have Firefox as a browser, it will not recognize it,
but you should be able to play anyway. If you do not have a flash player, they
have a free download you can do on the spot.
SUMMER READING ROADTRIP 2007 is heading your way!
Our reading program will run from Tuesday, June 26 - Friday August 3.
Party Saturday August 4. Library programs are free unless noted. The summer
reading goal is to foster a love of reading. To that end, our program is
noncompetitive and expanding this year to include a "read to me group"!
The summer reading program is open to children age 2-11 in two groups:
Read to me ages 2-5 and Readers ages 6-11. SIGN UP BEGINS JUNE 1. Forms will be
available at Temple Elementary School and at the Mansfield Library. Forms
may be dropped off at the Library or with Billie at the school.
Story and craft hour is being offered 2 times per week this year and
is geared to children ages 6-10. ADVANCE SIGN UP BEGINS JUNE 11 AT THE LIBRARY.
Story and craft days are Tuesdays at 4pm and Fridays at 10:30am. A maximum of
12 children can participate each time. Stories and crafts change weekly.
Preschool story time for ages 2-5 will be offered on Mondays at 10:30am.
No sign up is required.
As always, keep your eyes open for the hidden picture! Bring it in to the
library and get a prize! In addition, when you come in to write down the books
you read, put your name in the jar for weekly prize drawings!
11 year olds! Participate in summer reading and help younger kids, too! Volunteer
to help with crafts!
- Alibi Man by Tami Hoag
- At Some Disputed Barricade by Anne Perry
- Burning Bright by Tracy Chevalier
- Children of God by Mary Doria Russell
- Daddy's Girl by Lisa Scottoline
- Died In the Wool by Rett MacPherson
- Double Bind by Chris Bojalian
- The Edge of Winter by Luanne Rice
- A Far Country by Daniel Mason
- Fresh Disasters by Stuart Woods
- The God of Animals by Aryn Kyle
- Gray Ghost by William G. Tappley
- Heir by Paul Robertson
- I Heard That Song Before by Mary Higgins Clark
- In an Instant by Lee Woodruff
- Innocent in Death by Nora Roberts
- Keeper of the Keyes by Perri O'Shaughnessy
- Medicus by Ruth Downie
- Murder of Identity by Veronica Heley
- Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
- Obsession by Jonathan Kellerman
- Puss n' Cahoots by Rita Mae Brown
- Set Sail For Murder by Carolyn Hart
- Sisters by Danielle Steel
- Ten Days in the Hills by Jane Smiley
- The Naming of the Dead by Ian Rankin
- The Sweet Scent of Murder by Susan Baker
- The Watchman by Robert Crais
- Virgin River by Robyn Carr
- When the Light Goes by Larry McMurtry
- Whitethorn Woods by Maeve Binchy
- Who Was Uncle Sam? by Cecile Mouraux
- Yellowcake by Ann Cummins
For the Younger Reader:
- Bad Bears Go Visiting by Daniel Pinkwater
- The Chestnut Soldier by Jenny Nimmo
- Dexter Bexley and the Big Blue Beastie by Joel Stewart
- Dragon of the Red Dawn by Mary Pope Osborne
- Dragon's Keep by Janet Carey
- Edward in the Jungle by David McPhail
- A Good Dog by Kevin Henkes
- How It Happened in Peach Hill by Marthe Joselyn
- Hurry! Hurry! by Eve Bunting
- The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
- Leaving the Nest by Mordicai Gerstein
- The Perfect Nest by Catherine Friend
- The Pink Refrigerator by Tim Egan
- Pip & Squeak by Ian Schoenherr
- Scaredy Squirrel by Melanie Watts
- The Secret Science Project That Almost Ate the School by Judy Sierra
- Skippyjon Jones in Mummy Trouble by Judy Schachner
- Some Dog! by Mary Casanova
New Audio CD's: