Meeting held on the 28th of October 2003


Board members present: B. Kantner, S. Fiske, Ted Petro


Call to Order by B. Kantner at 7:05 p.m.


Approval of prior minutes:  Move by Fiske to accept the 10/14/03 minutes as written, second by Petro and voted in the unanimous affirmative.  Move by Fiske to approve the 10/22/03 minutes as written, second by Petro and voted in the unanimous affirmative. 


Regular Business


  1. Subject:  Reviewed and signed vouchers.                                              Signed pole license for PSNH.

Signed intent to cut for Chris Nolte, M 05 Lot 10-3.

Signed building permit applications for the following:  San-Ken Homes, M 06 L 013-Q06 - Single Family Residence; James Quinn M 08 L 004- two porches; John Devereaux, M 09 L 010 – Shed.

Signed demolition permit application for Martha Scott, M 06 L 027 – demolish single-family residence.

Signed timber tax warrant.

Reviewed information from the State of NH-DES regarding nominations for the “Souhegan River Instream Flow Protection Pilot Program”.  Fiske will put an article in the upcoming newsletter to determine interest.

Signed a letter to W. Edwards regarding the site visit to his property.  Discussion of the Town Hall Committee – the inspection report has not been received at this date.  Discussion of setting up a trust fund for Town Hall expenses.  Agreement on the rug service for the Town Hall was received.  The Administrative Assistant will fill out and return the credit application to E & R Cleaners.  Discussion of painting the Town Hall in 2004 – no action taken.

Discussion of Welfare Officer Ginny Hatt’s request to split the Welfare Officer salary with the Deputy Welfare Officer.  Fiske will contact Hatt to discuss this and set up an appointment with Hatt to meet with the Board.

Fiske informed the Board that C. Eddy had gotten information to replace the tile floor in the Municipal Building.  The Board determined this should be completed in 2003 and noted that they would prefer a durable commercial product such as ceramic tile.

The Board defined the dates that appointments will be valid as April 1 through March 31 for Town Officials.





  1. Subject:  (cont.) Discussion of the Weston Conservation land – Fiske informed the Board that ESE (Brian Hardy) believes that the dump site on this land needs to be registered.  Fiske will speak to the NH-DES.                                                                                                                                                                                Discussion of meeting with Hap Brown and Paul Jordan, Temple Representatives to the WLT Board of Directors.  The Administrative Assistant will contact Brown and Jordan to set up an appointment.                                                                                              


  1. Subject:  Tim Fiske, Road Agent, met with the Board.  The 2004 preliminary Highway budget was reviewed.  Fiske explained that the overtime line was not changed, although there is a 3% increase for wages.  Fiske also requested a trust fund be set up for Highway vehicle maintenance as suggested by the BAC in lieu of &16,000 maintenance line item.  Fiske informed the Board that he does not think the $12,000 suggested by the Budget Committee is sufficient.  Discussion of the account name changes suggested by the Budget Committee.  Fiske informed the Board that he anticipates 4 warrant articles for the Highway Department.  #1 – for a new sander, #2 – to repave about 1500’ of West Road, #3 – a new lawn mower and #4 – a trust fund for vehicle maintenance.  Discussion of proposed warrant articles will be done at another meeting.


  1. Subject:  Move at 8:05 p.m. by Petro to enter non-public session under RSA 91-A:3, II (c), reputation, second by Fiske and voted in the unanimous affirmative.  Out of non-public at 8:40 p.m.  Move by Fiske to seal the minutes of the non-public session, second by Petro and voted in the unanimous affirmative.


  1. Subject:  Jeanne Whitcomb, Tax Collector, met with the Board to discuss the status of payment arrangements on delinquent taxes for Corliss Call and Dorothy Morine.  The Board requested that Whitcomb contact both parties and inform them that they need to meet with the Board.  Call will be requested to meet with the Board on 11/11/03 at 7:30 p.m.  Morine will be requested to meet with the Board on 11/11/03 at 8:00 p.m.


  1. Subject:  Steve Andersen, Chairman of the Budget Committee, met with the Board.  Andersen updated the Board on the BAC’s work.  The suggestion was made to have the Police Special Detail account reflect an accurate number rather than just have a small amount in the budget.  Andersen submitted a proposal from ChoiceOne for phone service.  Andersen will set up a BAC meeting with the Board of Selectmen in November.


           HELD ON THE 28th DAY OF OCTOBER, 2003


  1. Subject:  Move by Fiske to adjourn, second by Kantner.  Meeting adjourned at 10:35 p.m.



Respectfully submitted by Debra Harling, Administrative Assistant.