FINAL MINUTES OF PUBLIC HEARING
BOARD OF SELECTMEN
Meeting held on the 24th day of September 2002
Board members present: B. Kantner, S. Fiske
Call to Order by B. Kantner at 7:05 p.m.
Approval of Prior Minutes: Motion made by Fiske to approve 9/10/2002 as amended, second by Kantner. Motion made by Kantner to approve 8/27/02 as amended, second by Fiske.
Voted unanimous to XX Approve Disapprove
1. Subject: 7:05 p.m. Reviewed and signed vouchers.
Reviewed letter of resignation from Colleen Martin from the Zoning Board of Adjustment. Move by Fiske to accept the resignation of Martin with regret, second by Kantner and voted in the unanimous affirmative.
Reviewed and signed certificate of occupancies for the following: San-Ken
Homes, M 06 L 013-Q14 – Single Family Residence; Bruce & Jennifer
Kullgren, M 02 L 034-B – Single Family Residence; Doug Heck, M 06 L 003 -
Temporary Mobile Home.
Reviewed application for permit to build for the following: Jerimiah Ulch,
M 08 L 036, a sketch is needed before the permit will be approved.
Reviewed sample “Historical Document List” from Betsy Perry. Fiske will
meet with Perry. The Board will need to determine what should be given to
the Historical Society and what should be kept in Town records.
Reviewed and signed an intent to cut for Kerry McDonald and Richard
Redding, M 09 L 025 and Steven & Niki McGettigan, M 05 L 056.
Reviewed and signed an application to demolish a structure from Doug Heck
M 06 L 003.
Reviewed and signed an application to put 1 acre into current use from
Wildcat Partnership, M 04 L 010.
Reviewed and initialed all Veteran’s Tax Credit applications for 2003 DRA
Discussion of ZBA appointments, the Administrative Assistant will contact the
Chairman of the ZBA to see if they have any preferences. The Admin.
Assist. will also contact Honey Hastings to see if she is interested in being a
full member of the ZBA instead of an alternate.
Tim Fiske, Road Agent, informed the Board that he is over his paving
budget and asked the Board to consider moving funds from the driveway
plowing budget. No action taken at this time.
FINAL MINUTES OF THE PUBLIC MEETING
2. Subject: 7:30 p.m. Mason Klinck came in to discuss his 2001 abatement
request. Kantner explained that Avitar Associates, the firm hired by the town,
made the recommendation for denial and they are the experts hired by the
Board of Selectmen. There was discussion of the opinion given to Mr. Klinck
by his appraiser and attorney. Klinck explained he is looking for an
adjustment on M 03 L 015, not on any of his other lots. Fiske explained the
shift that occurred during the 1999 revaluation where land prices dropped but
building values increased. Klinck reviewed a four page summary put
together by his attorney. Fiske asked Klinck to explain what his ultimate
request is. Klinck stated that he wishes the Board of Selectmen to accept the
Chapman appraisal for his property. There was discussion regarding Avitar’s
comment that the highest and best use is as a Horse Farm. Kantner and
Fiske will review the information supplied by Klinck. A new appointment will
be made for further discussion for 10/22/02.
3. Subject: 8:00 p.m. Peter Frank and Mike Perry of GeoInsight came in to discuss their company, which is an Environmental Consulting Firm. Fiske asked for a brief overview of the company’s experience. Frank explained that they are comprised of environmental consultants, scientists and engineers. The company has done water testing and the employees have a wide range of experience. Frank asked for information on what the Town perceives needs to be done at the old dumpsite. There were explanations of the industry standards and why water needs to be filtered when a water test is done on a monitoring well.
4. Subject: 9:00 p.m. Steve Atter of ENSR International came in to discuss his company. Atter explained his companies qualifications as Environmental Consultants. Atter reviewed with the Board what factors may affect a water sampling. Kantner asked about costs. Atter will prepare a sampling plan. Atter explained that his company subcontracts with a laboratory to review and analyze water samples.
5. Subject: 10:30 p.m. Meeting adjourned.
Respectfully submitted by Debra Harling, Administrative Assistant.