Meeting held on the 28th day of January 2003


Board members present: R. Frazier, B. Kantner, S. Fiske


Call to Order by R. Frazier at 7:15 p.m.


Approval of Prior Minutes: Motion made by Fiske to approve 1/7/2003 minutes as amended, second by Frazier. 


            Voted unanimous to XX Approve   Disapprove


Regular Business


  1. Subject:  7:00 p.m.  Reviewed and signed vouchers.

Reviewed a letter from Primex regarding application of the return contribution for the workers compensation insurance.  The return contribution will be applied to the 2003 workers compensation invoice.

Move by Frazier to approve the Veteran’s Tax Credit for Walter Saenger, M 08 L 028-E, second by Fiske and voted in the unanimous affirmative.

Move by Frazier to accept Walter Birdsall’s resignation from the Board of Library Trustees with regret, second by Fiske and voted in the unanimous affirmative.

Move by Frazier to acknowledge the work of Police Office Vint Boggis, as expressed in the letter of thanks from the Peterborough Police Department, second by Fiske and voted in the unanimous affirmative.

Signed two intents to cut for Shirley Quinn and Mary Girard, M 05 Lots 085 and 099.

Reviewed and signed current use-land use change tax warrants.

Reviewed and signed final December 2002 abatements for the following:

TMSC (bankruptcy amount); The Lukas Foundation; Stonegate Farm; Corliss Call and George Ellis.

Reviewed and signed letters to Verizon and PSNH regarding the poles replaced by the ball field on General Miller Highway.

S. Fiske asked the Board to let Linda Bollinger know if there are any projects the Board would like to see accomplished during “Good Roads Day”.

Reviewed a letter from the DES regarding a complaint received regarding a pond on Holt Lane, no action needed from the Board at this time.

Requested that the Administrative Assistant send a letter to the Greenville Board of Selectmen informing them that the land use information requested will be forwarded to the Temple Planning Board.



  1. Subject:  Fiske informed the Board that Jim Boutwell, a plumber, had fixed the drip in the kitchen of the town hall.  Shut off valves need to be installed and the ladies room plumbing needs to be repaired.  Work is continuing on the frozen septic line between the library and the town hall.


  1. Subject:  8:00 p.m.  Phil Lauriat, Vince Mamone and Connie Kieley represented the building committee.  Lauriat presented a report to the Board with the following proposed warrant articles.  #1 – Proposed $5000.00 to hire an architect to study the Town Hall for an addition and upgrading.  Fiske will work on the $5,000.00 warrant article for the architect.  #2 – Propose an addition to the present municipal building to be used temporarily as Police Space.  Jim LaPree of the building committee has the information for the municipal building addition.  #3 – Purchase the Skladany land off General Miller Highway.  The Town Attorney has written the warrant article for this.  There was discussion of the Skladany land.  Frazier stated he would like to se the warrant article have a condition which would require the Board of Selectmen not to purchase the property if an appraisal came in lower.  Kantner suggested a leeway of + 10%.  Frazier said he would agree to that.


  1. Subject:  8:20 p.m. Patty Edwards came before the Board to discuss driveway plowing.  Edwards stated that after the 1/7/2003 Board meeting there were mailboxes that were plowed out.  Edwards presented pictures, which she indicated showed mailboxes plowed out.  Edwards stated that she had spoken to Brian and Bruce Kullgren and said that both men informed her that they have been plowing out mailboxes for over three years.  Discussion ensued regarding the pictures that had been presented.  Fiske asked Edwards what action she is requesting from the Board.  Edwards wished the Board to acknowledge that mailboxes are being plowed out.



  1. Subject:  9:00 p.m.  Deneice Johnson from the recreation commission came in.  Fiske informed the Board that Peter Martin, owner of Temple Mtn., had contacted her with a proposal to lease the mountain to the town for $1.00 to be used for sledding.  Fiske had asked Johnson to look into the potential costs.  Johnson reported that she had contacted the NHMA Property-Liability Trust.  The Trust had informed her there would be not insurance cost increase as long as there is no down hill skiing and what is and is not allowed is clearly posted.  The Administrative Assistant will








  1. Subject: contact Scott Weeden of NHMA Property-Liability Trust to request that they send someone to look at the mountain.  The Administrative Assistant will also try to find out if the Board of Selectmen can enter into a lease such as this without a town meeting.


  1. Subject:  9:15 p.m.  Reviewed the preliminary budget figures.  Made minor changes in some accounts.  The budget committee and departments heads will be contacted about being at the budget hearing.  A bond hearing will be held Saturday, 2/15/2003 at 10:00 AM at the town hall.  The Board discussed the report submitted for the Conservation Commission.  Frazier will contact the ConCom Secretary about rewriting the report.


  1. Subject:  10:30 p.m. Meeting adjourned.




Respectfully submitted by Debra Harling, Administrative Assistant.