Meeting held on the 25th of November 2003


Board members present: B. Kantner, S. Fiske, Ted Petro


Call to Order by B. Kantner at 7:04 p.m.


Approval of prior minutes:  Move by Petro to accept the 11/11/03 minutes, second by Kantner and voted in the unanimous affirmative.   


Regular Business


  1. Subject:  Reviewed and signed vouchers.                                              Signed building permit applications for the following:  Kruger, M 05 L 039-8-single family residence; Ulch, M 08 L 036-Porch; Andersen, M 02 L 032-interior renovations.

Signed certificate of occupancy for Singelais, M 06 L 013-A.

Signed trust fund reimbursement request letter.

Signed the Sales Ratio survey for the NH-DRA.

Board updated that the new tile will be installed at the Municipal Building on 12/4 through 12/7 and the new carpet will be installed 12/12 through 12/13. 

Fiske contacted ESE about water tests at the Brown Road landfill.  B. Hardy will fax a quote.  Kantner and Petro authorized Fiske to have water tests done.

Kantner informed the Board that M. Connolly would like to resign as School Board Representative.  The Administrative Assistant will contact the NHMA to determine how Connolly’s resignation should be done.

Kantner inquired whether the Board is still interested in putting an office procedure manual together.  The Board was interested, but felt this was not a priority at this time.  Kantner will work on this in the next few months.

Discussion of GASB 34, the Administrative Assistant will put together a proposal for procedures for the Board to review.

Fiske informed the Board that the Caney letter regarding the trailer has not been signed as of this date.                                                            Fiske informed the Board that the Weston Conservation land cleanup came in at a cost of approximately $1450.00.  The Board signed a letter of thanks to John Kieley for the donation of the use of his “bobcat” machine.  Fiske informed the Board that the septic at the Highway garage has been installed.                                                                                                       S. Fiske informed the Board that T. Fiske, Road Agent, had contacted Hoyle, Tanner & Associates at the Planning Boards request to have a review of a plan submitted to the Planning Board.




  1. Subject:  (cont.) Fiske informed the Administrative Assistant that M. Klinck had contacted her.  Klinck will be available on Mondays or Fridays in December.  The Administrative Assistant will contact Avitar Associates to request 2 dates that they may be able to review Klinck’s properties.      The Board reviewed a letter from R. Martin regarding covenants at Stonegate Farm.                                                                                         The Board discussed the Town Hall door, which was left open, the Administrative Assistant will send a memo to all key holders requesting that they verify all lights are turned off and the doors are shut and locked.                                                   Fiske informed the Board that this will be the last year for lights on the big tree by the library.  The Recreation Commission will look at other alternatives for the future.                                                                   Discussion about the Conservation Commission cleaning up brush on the four town owned lots on the west side of Route 45.  T. Fiske informed Kantner that this is under the purview of the Highway Department and they will attend to this next spring.  The Conservation Commission may offer some help.     Petro asked the Board to consider how employees are compensated for appearing at other Board meetings during their off time.


  1. Subject:  Wil Wildes, Code Enforcement Officer, met with the Board for a discussion of the building permit and inspection process.  The Board and Wildes discussed occupancy of a residence before final inspections and sign off on the building permit and before issuance of a certificate of occupancy.  The Board reviewed Article VIII Section 2 of the Temple Zoning Ordinance regarding occupancy.  The Board suggested to Wildes that if there is any questions of occupancy before an occupancy permit is issued that people be referred to the Board of Selectmen.  T. Fiske, Road Agent, requested that the Board discuss with Wildes inspection of perimeter drains for a proposed four-lot subdivision on Peterborough Road.  Wildes was willing to implement perimeter drain inspections on a case-by-case basis.  The Board requested the Administrative Assistant send a memo to the Planning Board regarding the concern about water on Peterborough Road.  Discussion about policies and procedures regarding building permits.  The Board will look at this at a future meeting.  The Board asked Wildes as Fire Chief if he thought any more money is going to be spent on the Forestry Truck.  Wildes informed the Board that the truck should not require anything more than standard maintenance; there should be no further large expenditures on this vehicle.


  1. Subject:  Paul Jordan and Hap Brown, Temple Representatives to the WLTEMS Board of Directors, met with the Board.  Jordan presented the proposed budget for 2004.  Jordan explained that there has been a large



       HELD ON THE 25th DAY OF NOVEMBER, 2003



  1. Subject: (Cont.) increase.  The Paramedic coverage budgeted for 2003 had been budgeted for 108 hours with 80% paid and 20% volunteer.  Due to incorrect information the Medics were paid for all hours.  No hours were volunteered.  The Director had been out due to an operation and coverage was paid for during her absence.  These items led to a deficit for 2003.  There was discussion about the ambulance service providing 24 hour Paramedic coverage and discussion about the ambulance service revenues.


  1. Subject:  The Town Hall Ad Hoc Committee submitted preliminary tabulations of the survey they had conducted.  The Committee suggested that an Architect be hired and asked the Board if the $5000.00 voted at Town Meeting could be used.  The Board suggested that the Committee get at least 3 bids from different Architects.  The funds may be encumbered if a contract has been signed by 12/31/2003.


  1. Subject:  Alan and Matthew Picone came before the Board to discuss their property tax situation.  A. Picone described the three lots owned and presented summary sheets of how taxes have increased since they purchased the properties.  Discussion followed.  The Picones were given copies of the assessment cards and abatement forms and advised to check records for accuracy and file an appeal within the appropriate time frame.


  1. Subject:  10:30 p.m. Move by Fiske to enter non-public session under RSA 91A:3 II (e) threatened litigation, second by Petro and voted in the unanimous affirmative.  10:35 p.m. Out of non-public session, move by Fiske to seal the minutes of the non-public session, second by Petro and voted in the unanimous affirmative.


  1. Subject:  Move by Petro to adjourn, second by Kantner, meeting adjourned at 10:40 p.m.


Respectfully submitted by Debra Harling, Administrative Assistant.