FINAL MINUTES OF PUBLIC HEARING
BOARD OF SELECTMEN
Meeting held on the 13th day of August 2002
Approval of Prior Minutes: Motion made by Frazier to approve 7/23/2002 as amended, second by Fiske.
Voted unanimous to XX Approve Disapprove
1. Subject: 7:00 p.m. Reviewed and signed vouchers.
Reviewed and signed Certificate of Occupancies for the following: John & Constance Kieley, M 02 L 079 – Single Family Residence; Daniel Pratt Family Homes, M 08 L 028-H – Single Family Residence (Subject to inspection and approval of the driveway by the Road Agent.)
Reviewed the resignation of Gary Boot as a representative to the Monadnock
Cable Consortium. Moved by Frazier to accept the resignation with regret,
second by Kantner and voted in the unanimous affirmative.
Reviewed and signed the Auditor’s letter for the 2001 audit.
Reviewed progress report from Betsy Perry on the record reorganization, no
Reviewed and signed a permit to demolish for John & Constance Kieley,
M 02 L 079 for the existing old house.
Reviewed and signed building permit applications for the following: San-Ken
Homes, M 06 Lots 013-Q09 and 013-Q10 - Single Family Residences;
Thomas Weston, M 02 Lot 036 – two storage trailers; Alfred Copertino, M 02
L 020 – Post & Beam Barn (pending correct fee); Ethan Parker, M 07 L 004 -
conversion of barn to garage; Martin Connolly, M 01 L 008 – Silo
Reviewed and signed NH-DMSV form 422 for Douglas Guy – approval for
Reviewed and signed State of NH form PA-16 for payment in lieu of taxes for
Miller State Park.
Reviewed letter from Pete Caswell, Health Officer regarding M 05 L 039-3, no
Move by Frazier to appoint Steve McRae as the Monadnock Consortium
Representative, second by Fiske voted in the unanimous affirmative.
Move by Frazier to appoint Mary McRae as the Monadnock Consortium
Representative, second by Kantner, vote in the unanimous affirmative.
Fiske will contact Steve Ercoline of the Cable Consortium.
FINAL MINUTES OF THE PUBLIC
ON THE 13th DAY OF August 2002
2. Subject: 7:45 p.m. Mason Klinck was scheduled, did not show.
3. Subject: 8:05 p.m. Peter Bragdon, Candidate for the State Senate came in to introduce himself and explain why he thinks he is qualified for the Senate. Bragdon asked the Board if there were any issues pertinent to the Town Of Temple. There was a discussion of tax issues.
4. Subject: 8:20 p.m. Joe Cournoyer, Deneice Johnson, and Wendy Elsing for the Recreation Commission came in. Johnson presented the Board with a proposal to use State of NH property, know as M 06 L 063, off General Miller Hwy, for a swimming area. Johnson explained the proposal to the Board. Fiske asked if the members had considered the liability issue. Kantner asked if there are other sites available. Cournoyer informed the Board there are no other suitable sites. There was also a discussion of the accident which occurred at the ball field with a volunteer who was excavating the playground and pulled down some utility poles. PSNH may be charging for the replacement poles. An accident report will need to be filed and the Administrative Assistant will speak to PLIT regarding coverage.
5. Subject: 8:45 p.m. Returned to general business: Discussion of the quotes received for the new computers. Move by Frazier to accept the quote from First In Technology, second by Fiske and voted in the unanimous affirmative. The Administrative Assistant will contact First In Technology. Move by Frazier to accept the quote from Best Electric for the installation of additional electric outlets, second by Kantner and voted in the unanimous affirmative. Kantner will contact Best Electric to schedule the work.
Fiske informed the Board that she is getting quotes for the rails and hardware to replace the fence on the common and get a warrant article ready for 2003.
There was discussion of a letter received from the Danville Board of
regarding the formation of a coalition of “Receiver Towns” of the State
property tax. Fiske will contact Rick Fredricks, Temple’s School Board Rep.,
to get his opinion.
Fiske informed the Board she had received an Email from Byrne, the new owners of the former Longo property, regarding the mobile home on the property. The Administrative Assistant will check with the Tax Collector regarding any past due taxes.
There was discussion of Mr. Klinck’s failure to appear for his appointment. The Administrative Assistant will send a letter regarding the denial of the requested tax abatement.
There was discussion of Mr. Klinck’s request to hire MRI to study the town. No action was taken.
6. Subject: 9:25 p.m. Meeting adjourned.
Respectfully submitted by Debra Harling, Administrative Assistant.