TEMPLE, NEW HAMPSHIRE
FINAL MINUTES OF PUBLIC MEETING
BOARD OF SELECTMEN
Meeting held on the 25th day of June 2002
Board members present: R. Frazier, B. Kantner, S. Fiske
Call to Order by R. Frazier at 7:00 p. m.
Approval of Prior Minutes: Motion made by Frazier to approve 6/11/2002, as amended, second by Fiske.
Voted unanimous to XX Approve Disapprove –
1. Subject: 7:00 p.m. Reviewed and signed vouchers.
Reviewed and signed building permit applications for the following: Dorothea Guy, M 02 L 040-A (two) – replacement deck and sunroom & add a second story deck and sunroom; John Singelais, M 06 L 013-A – Single Family Residence; John Albert, M 05 L 053-G – addition to garage (conditional on receipt of Bldg. Inspectors signature); San-Ken Homes, Inc, M 06 L 013-Q04 – Single Family Residence (conditional upon receipt of signed check for fees); San-Ken Homes, Inc., M 06 L 013-Q03 – Single Family Residence (conditional upon receipt of State of NH septic approval).
Reviewed and signed Certificate of Occupancies for the following: Pratt Family Homes, M 03 L 008 – Single Family Residence; Pratt Family Homes, M 03 L 009 – Single Family Residence; Mary Jane Wolbers, M 05 L 025-1 – Single Family Residence.
Reviewed update from Betsy Perry regarding the review of old records, no action taken at this time.
Reviewed a note from Linda Bollinger regarding a scheduled “work day” at the Bird Sanctuary, no action taken on this.
Reviewed a letter from Robert Walker regarding the old dumpsite on Fish and Brown Roads. Frazier will draft a response for Board review and signature for the July 9, 2002 meeting.
Reviewed letters from Wil Wildes, Code Enforcement Officer and Debra Harling, Administrative Assistant regarding statements made about building permits for Richard Messina at the May 28, 2002 Board meeting. These will be forwarded to Attorney Drescher for the Messina file.
Reviewed a request from Matt Leahy, a representative from Senator Judd
Gregg’s office to hold “Office Hours” at the Temple Municipal Building on
Final Minutes of the Public Meeting
On the 25th Day of June 2002
1. Subject:(cont.) July 25, 2002. Move by Frazier to approve “Office Hours” for
Matt Leahy, second by Fiske and voted in the unanimous affirmative.
The Board discussed the “Gun Ordinance”. Questions from Tom Baker and
James Thomas regarding the “legality” of the ordinance were raised. The
Board informed Baker and Thomas that this ordinance had been looked at by
the Town Attorney, NHMA Attorneys, the Attorney General and the State
Police. No one has shown that this ordinance conflicts with any laws. There
was no action taken at this time, and the “Gun Ordinance” will stay in place.
Opened bids for the Town Report. One bid had been received. Move by
Frazier to accept the bid of $3490.00 from Sherry Fiske for the compilation of
the 2002 Town Report, second by Kantner and voted 2 for, Fiske abstaining.
Signed civil forfeitures for dogs for the Town Clerk.
Ted Petro informed the Board that a note in the minutes of the Advisory
Budget Committee is in error and he is not resigning from this committee.
Reviewed a building permit application from Robert Levesque for M 05
L 039-3. The Administrative Assistant will contact the Levesque’s bank
regarding their request for a building permit before the Levesque’s own the
2. Subject: 8:08 p.m. Bruce Kullgren, Sr. and Ted Petro from the Planning Board were present. Frazier asked Kullgren if the Planning Board is on schedule for the Master Plan update. Kullgren stated yes they are. Frazier then asked Kullgren if the Planning Board is in favor of adopting the International Building Code (IBC). Kullgren informed Frazier that the Planning Board has not had a chance to discuss this in depth. Frazier informed Kullgren that the State of NH will be adopting the IBC in September 2002 and the Board of Selectmen would like the Planning Board to endorse adoption of the IBC at the 2003 Town Meeting. There was discussion of the Temple Zoning Ordinance. Kantner asked Kullgren and Petro to go to the Planning Board and ask them to evaluate the zoning ordinance over the next few months. The Administrative Assistant will send a letter to the Planning Board asking it to review the IBC and consider endorsing its adoption at the 2003 Town Meeting.
3. Subject: 8:38 p.m. In other business, Fiske requested building permit information for the Town newsletter. Building permit information and a brief explanation of the IBC will be put into the Selectmen’s report of the newsletter.
4. Subject: 8:50 p.m. Moved by Frazier to go into non-public session under RSA 91-A:3, II e, for the purpose of discussing on going litigation, second by Kantner and voted in the unanimous affirmative.
10:15 p.m. out of non-public session, moved by Frazier to seal the minutes of
the non-public session, second by Fiske and voted in the unanimous
5. Subject: 10:20 p.m. Meeting adjourned.
Respectfully submitted by Debra Harling, Administrative Assistant.