Meeting held on the 11th day of June 2002


Board members present: R. Frazier, B. Kantner, S. Fiske


Call to Order by R. Frazier at 7:00 p. m.


Approval of Prior Minutes: Motion made by Kantner to approve 6/4/2002, as amended, second by Fiske.  Motion made by Frazier, second by Fiske to approve 6/10/02 as amended.


            Voted unanimous to XX Approve         Disapprove –


Regular Business


1.      Subject:  7:00 p.m.  Reviewed and signed vouchers.

Reviewed and signed building permit applications for the following:  San-Ken Homes, Inc., M 06 L 013-Q14 – Single Family Residence; Bruce & Jennifer Kullgren, M 02 L 034-B – Single Family Residence; Stonegate Farms, M 08 L 002-3/8 – Single Family Residence; Douglas Heck, M 06 L 003 – Single Family Residence.

Reviewed and signed Certificate of Occupancies for the following:  Mary Felt, M 07 L 039-A – Garage, Richard & Sandra Benotti, M 07 L 034 – change deck to residential space; Hope for Homes, M 05 L 074 – change of use from single family to two family; Douglas MacPhee, M 05 L 102 – addition; Dorothea Guy, M 05 L 084 – Mobile Home; Harold and Jamie Johnson, M 05 L 096-A – temporary mobile home, while constructing new home.

Review request from Custodian to purchase new outdoor ashtrays.  The Administrative Assistant will look into the cost of ashtrays.

Review notice from Tax Collector regarding properties scheduled for Tax Deeding.  Discussion of the Lacroix trailer which is currently located on Walter Mazza’s property.  No action taken on this subject at this time.

Reviewed proposal for fuel bids from Conval School District.  Move by Frazier to purchase fuel through the Conval School District, pending reviewing by Road Agent Tim Fiske as to price comparison, second by Kantner and voted in the affirmative.








Final Minutes of the Public Meeting

On the 11th Day of June 2002


1.   Subject:(cont.) There was discussion of the formation of a Rescue Squad and

      the meeting of June 10, 2002.  Moved by Frazier to sign the letter to Dr.

      Ramey and enter the letter into the minutes of June 11, 2002, second by

      Fiske and voted in the unanimous affirmative. 

      Kantner informed the Board he had spoken to Pete Caswell,

      Health Officer about the Messina property.  Caswell informed Kantner that   

      the septic is in compliance for some of the cabins.  Kantner will contact

      Caswell again about viewing a test pit for cabins 7 & 8.  Kantner mentioned

      that Caswell, as Health Officer, would like to be able to contact Attorney

      Drescher in an emergency.  Moved by Kantner to allow Pete Caswell, Health

      Officer, to contact the Town Attorney, William Drescher, in an emergency, 

      second by Frazier and voted in the affirmative.

      Discussion of hiring the part-time Office Assistant, moved by Frazier to hire

      Diane Nilsson as the Assistant Secretary at a starting wage of $12.00/hr.

      Seconded by Kantner and voted in the unanimous affirmative.


2.      Subject:  8:15 p.m. Allan Oxman, Town Forester, came in to discuss two matters with the Board.  The first concerned the Mirabella property on West Rd.  Oxman informed the Board that he had stopped by the Mirabella property after a complaint had been received about the Mirabella’s cutting on the property without an intent to cut.  Oxman stated that the Mirabella’s had cleared brush, and were reclaiming pastureland.  The amount of work done was below the limits that would need an intent to cut.  The second matter was a review of the new State of NH recommendations for the assessment of Timber Yield Taxes.  Oxman showed the Board the recommended worksheet for assessments and an example supplied by the State.  Oxman explained how he plans to look at timber sales for assessment purposes.  The Board did not need to take action on this matter.


3.      Subject:  8:25 p.m.  Vicki Mellon came before the Board to discuss what would be required to hold a fundraiser “Road Race”.  Ms. Mellon explained that she would like to sponsor a 5K Run/Walk to benefit the Brain Tumor Association.  This road race will be along the same route as the annual “Peanut Butter Chip Race” and would be scheduled for Oct. 12, 2002, Columbus Day Weekend.  The Board explained that a “Special Event” permit will be needed and arrangements will need to be made with the Police Department.  The Board will waive the regular fees for a special event, but arrangements will need to be made for payment of Police coverage.  Ms. Mellon explained that the Brain Tumor Association will help cover the costs of the Police Coverage.




Final Minutes of the Public Meeting

On the 11th Day of June 2002


4.      Subject:  8:45 p.m. Jerry Pearson and Allyn Hendrixson came in to discuss the proposed septic system for M 08 L 028-L.  Pearson submitted a letter to the Board regarding two lots on Maplewood Dr., Map 08 Lots, 028-H and 028-L.  There was discussion of the proposed placement of the septic system on lot 028-L.  Fiske did not think there was a problem with Lot 028-H.

     Pearson asked the Board to contact the State of NH-DES and

     the Town Health Officer regarding the septic system on lot 028-L.  Frazier

     explained that the Board of Selectmen is the enforcement board not a

     regulatory board.  Bruce Kullgren explained the requirements of a septic

     design and what designer needs to look at during the design process.  Frazier

     explained that if regulations are followed and approved and the State of NH

     issues a permit then a septic is legal.  It was also explained that the Town

     Health Officer, Pete Caswell, is required to view test pits.  After discussion

     Pearson thought the best procedure would be to speak to Caswell.  Kantner

     agreed to accompany Pearson to speak with Caswell.  Frazier reiterated that

     the Board of Selectmen is not a regulatory board.  Allyn Hendrixson stated

     the neighbors only want reassurance that there will be no polluting of their

     wells.  Kantner thought this point was well raised.  


5.      Subject:  9:30 p.m. Bruce Kullgren came in representing the Planning Board.  Kullgren spoke about the June 5, 2002 Planning Board meeting and Christopher Ross.  There was discussion about the signs located on the Ross property advertising the sale of the lots, and the letter sent by the Board of Selectmen to Mr. Ross’ Real Estate Agency.  Kullgren also submitted a copy of a letter sent from Rae Barnhisel to the Real Estate Agency.  Kullgren informed the Selectmen that members of the Planning Board thought the Barnhisel letter was improper, although Barnhisel did not indicate she is a Planning Board member in the letter.  Some Planning Board members present on 6/5/02 voted to request the Board of Selectmen look into this matter.  There was discussion about the letters the Board of Selectmen and Chairman Frazier had sent to Ms. Barnhisel.  The Board of Selectmen informed Kullgren that a letter of complaint had been responded to and the Selectmen had no further jurisdiction in the matter.  Fiske then informed Kullgren that the Board of Selectmen would like the Planning Board to come to the June 25, 2002 Selectmen’s meeting to discuss the progress on the Master Plan.










Final Minutes of the Public Meeting

On the 11th Day of June 2002



6.      Subject:  10:10 p.m. Other business:  Fiske informed the Board that the ZBA needs alternates and the Selectmen need to find at least two people; it was discussed that this should be posted and possibly put into the newsletter.  Fiske will call George Willard if there has been no response to the Selectmen’s letter regarding the barn on the Willard property by June 14, 2002.  The Administrative Assistant will compile the building permit stats on new construction.  Frazier will contact the Health Officer regarding the number of septic approvals done.  Fiske will contact Diane Nilsson about a starting date and will speak to the Administrative Assistant scheduling for Nilsson.  Discussion of a letter from Messina regarding E911 addresses for the cabins, this will be forwarded to Attorney Drescher.


7.  Subject:  10:30 p.m.  Meeting adjourned.


Respectfully submitted by Debra Harling, Administrative Assistant.