TOWN OF TEMPLE, NEW HAMPSHIRE
January 15, 2003
Board members present: Bruce Kullgren Sr., Ted Petro, Rae Barnhisel, A. Pickman,
Ex-Officio Sherry Fiske
Call to Order by B. Kullgren at 7:40 p.m.
1. Review of the 12/18/2002 minutes. Move by Petro to accept the minutes as written, second by Barnhisel and voted in the unanimous affirmative.
2. Review of preliminary maps for the master plan update. Discussion of what the costs may be to have a full set of maps in every copy of the master plan that will be available. There was also discussion of limiting the number of maps and combining some maps. After review the Board decided on the following:
v #1 Houses, Historical, Community Facilities and Zoning on one map.
v #2 Construction material – no topsoil map, one map with sand, gravel and road fill. SWRPC will be asked for advise on the best way to combine these maps.
v #3 Traffic and transportation – infrastructure and traffic counters can be combined.
v #4 Natural Resources – keep development constraints, eliminate steep slopes, combine wetlands, hydric soils and stratified aquifers on one map.
v #5 Agricultural map – land use.
v #6 Keep Development constraints.
The Board discussed the committees reviewing revisions of the master plan chapters and making comments on the changes. The Economic Environment and Community Facilities committees have the revisions and will be asked to attend the 1/29/03 meeting. The other committees will be asked to attend the 2/5/03 meeting.
3. Reviewed mail received since the prior meeting. There was information from New Boston concerning public hearings for cell towers. The Board discussed getting information from area towns on whether they have cell tower ordinances in place. Reviewed a letter from PlanNH giving information about the limited number of grants available for some community endeavors. Reviewed newsletters from SWRPC. There was discussion of the Board working on a “Capital Improvements Plan” for the town. Eric Twarog of SWRPC will be sending an estimate to the Board regarding a Capital Improvements Plan.
4. There was discussion regarding a letter from Attorney Drescher regarding the “International Building Code”. This will be discussed further at the 1/29/03 meeting.
5. Move by Fiske to adjourn, second by Petro. Meeting adjourned at 10:30 p.m.
Minutes submitted by Debra Harling.